TAXIN’ TEDRA COBB DOES NOT SUPPORT JUSTICE ACT, WOULD HAVE VOTED IN FAVOR OF MORE RIGHTS FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS THAN LAW ENFORCEMENT
June 26, 2020
Saratoga, NY:Taxin’ Tedra Cobb’s silence on the JUSTICE Act – a meaningful proposal filled with bipartisan provisions to improve police-community relations, increase accountability and transparency, and end police brutality – is deafening.
The Justice Act:
· Makes lynching a federal crime
· Closes the law enforcement loophole
· Increases the use of body-worn cameras
· Puts strict requirements on the use of chokeholds in policing
· Increases training for officers specifically related to use of force and racial bias
· Promotes the hiring of officers who live in or demographically represent the communities they serve
“Taxin’ Tedra Cobb needs to immediately tell voters why she does not support the JUSTICE ACT,”said Stefanik.“Taxin’ Tedra would have voted for the Democrats’ partisan policing bill that allows more rights for violent criminals than it does for good police officers doing their jobs to protect our North Country communities. This is an unacceptable position in our district, where we have productive and effective relationships with our brave law enforcement who put their lives on the line for us each day.
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESSBack