October 13, 2020
Saratoga: Today, Elise for Congress released a new TV ad, entitled “You Paid In”, highlighting Taxin’ Tedra Cobb’s full support for Medicare for All that she ran on for two years, before frantically deleting the position from her website. The Medicare for All system that Cobb supports would cause an estimated $36 trillion in new taxes and eliminate Medicare Advantage for 20 million seniors. This ad will rotate heavily on broadcast and cable in all media markets in NY-21.
WATCH “YOU PAID IN” HERE AND BELOW.
“North Country voters know that Taxin’ Tedra Cobb would vote with Pelosi, AOC, and other radical Democrats to implement a Medicare for All, government takeover of healthcare,” said Stefanik. “This irresponsible, Far-Left plan would add trillions in new taxes, bankrupt the middle class, cancel private and employer-based insurance, eliminate Medicare Advantage for 20 million seniors, and send our economy spiraling. Now, Taxin’ Tedra is lying to voters and frantically hiding from her own record calling for a socialist single-payer system which would devastate our seniors and hardworking families. Unfortunately for her, voters know the truth: Taxin’ Tedra is just too radical and dangerous to ever be elected to Congress.”
Taxin’ Tedra: “I believe in a Medicare for All system…”
Tedra Cobb supports single-payer government run healthcare, like in socialist countries, costing an estimated $36 trillion in new taxes.
Cobb’s plan cancels private and employer-based insurance, and Cobb would eliminate Medicare Advantage for 20 million seniors.
You paid in, Cobb’s scheme takes it away.
Tedra Cobb: “I believe in a Medicare for All system…”
Just another Far-Left, radical idea from Taxin’ Tedra.
BACKGROUND: TEDRA COBB RAN ON MEDICARE FOR ALL FOR TWO YEARS:
- Tedra Cobb’s own campaign website included her support for Medicare For All before she desperately deleted her position to hide from voters.
“Tedra’s Vision: Provide comprehensive health insurance for all United States residents, such as what is detailed in the United States National Health Care Act, which is the House parallel to Senator Bernie Sanders’ Single Payer, Medicare for All bill
- 7 News Watertown: “An older version of Cobb’s web site listed “Tedra’s vision” as “comprehensive health insurance for all United States residents, such as what is detailed in the United States National Health Care Act.” The National Health Care Act was a Democrat proposal first introduced in 2003 that would have created a single payer ‘Medicare for all’ system.”
- North Country Now: “Democratic congressional candidate from Canton favors single-payer medical coverage”
- The Daily Gazette: “Cobb supports a ‘Medicare for All’ bill that would transfer responsibility for providing health care insurance from private employers to the federal government.”
- NCPR: “Cobb says what she draws from that experience is support for single-payer, government-run healthcare. And that’s what she told the gathering in Waddington. I think that’s why Medicare for all, I think that’s why people like Medicare for all, it works, it’s simple.”
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESS