FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sunday, July 31, 2022
Glens Falls, N.Y.— With 100 days left until Election Day, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik announced that Team Elise will release 100 results—one result each day—that she has delivered to New York’s 21st Congressional District. The campaign also released the below memo outlining how Congresswoman Stefanik’s strong grassroots support, record fundraising, and new, more conservative district have put her in the strongest position ever for re-election.
You can see the first result announced here.
“Since I was first elected, I have worked hard to deliver on my promise to fight for Upstate New York and North Country hardworking families at the highest levels and to deliver real results for our communities. I’m excited to once again announce that our team will be releasing 100 days of results during the 100 day countdown until Election Day,” said Congresswoman Elise Stefanik. “With record support from grassroots supporters across New York and the nation, our team has never been in a stronger position to win. I look forward to another historic re-election and to continuing to deliver real results for local families, small businesses, farmers, veterans and seniors.”
TO: Interested Parties
FROM: Alex DeGrasse, Senior Advisor to Congresswoman Elise Stefanik
RE: 100 Days Until Election Day: State of The Race Memo for NY-21
Team Elise In Strongest Position Ever For Re-Election
100 days until Election Day, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (NY-21) has never been in a stronger position to win re-election.
With a newly drawn and more conservative district with an even stronger margin for President Trump and Republican candidates, record fundraising, and strong, positive name ID thanks to Congresswoman Stefanik’s track record of delivering results, Team Elise is working hard and taking nothing for granted to ensure another historic, landslide victory in November.
NY-21 is Trump Country and Elise Country:
- President Trump won the newly drawn New York 21st Congressional District by a 12.5% margin in 2020 — a 2% increase from the district under the current lines.
- All three counties drawn fully into NY-21 were won by President Trump: Herkimer by 26%, Schoharie by 30%, and Montgomery by 23.4%. Within the towns of NY-21’s new partial counties, Trump won Otsego by 16%, and Rensselaer by 3%.
- In the 2020 election, NY-21 was an R+4 on the Cook PVI, now it is an R+9 and a “Safe Republican” seat. The Republican gubernatorial candidate won NY-21 in 2018 by 27%.
- With a new and fragmented media market break (ALBANY: 46%, BURLINGTON: 22%, WATERTOWN: 22%, UTICA: 10%), Democrats will have to spend more money than ever to try to raise their name ID. Meanwhile, public statewide polls have shown that Congresswoman Stefanik has positive name ID across all of Upstate New York and is a household name for Republican voters with very strong net favorability.
Record Fundraising and Largest Fundraising Advantage Ever:
- Congresswoman Stefanik continues to shatter fundraising records as the strongest GOP fundraiser not only in the North Country but in New York history.
- Rep. Stefanik recently announced that Team Elise has raised over $15 million cycle-to-date through Elise for Congress, E-PAC, Elise Victory Fund, and via WinRed for Republican candidates and committees. This includes a record of small dollar donors from the district.
- Elise for Congress has more than five-times the cash-on-hand as her closest Democrat opponent. This is the largest fundraising advantage over our Democrat opponents ever.
Record Grassroots Momentum:
- Congresswoman Stefanik has participated in nearly 2,000 constituent district events since taking office.
- With the help of over 200 active volunteers and interns, Team Elise has already made over 200,000 voter contact calls across the new district.
- Team Elise has also already knocked on more than 10,000 doors and is planning to knock on tens of thousands more before Election Day to introduce the Congresswoman to new voters and share her record of results with all of NY-21.
- Team Elise has announced record support from local elected officials, including nearly 100 elected leaders in both Lewis and Washington Counties, the highest number in Team Elise history. This included endorsements from Republicans, Conservatives, Independents, and Democrats.
Record of Results vs. Far-Left and Out of Touch:
- In every election cycle since Congresswoman Stefanik flipped NY-21 from blue to red in 2014, she has won overwhelmingly by double digits, often earning the largest margin of victory for any Congressional Republican in the entire northeast.
- In 2020, despite facing an onslaught of millions of dollars of negative ads, Congresswoman Stefanik earned the most votes ever for any Congressional candidate in North Country history.
- Congresswoman Stefanik’s record of delivering real results for veterans, small businesses, family farms, and seniors is in stark contrast to the Far-Left and out-of-touch campaign tactics of her opponents, who are still in a race to the Left in a Democratic primary.
- For example, Far-Left Democrat Matt Putorti is a New York City lobbyist who registered as an agent for the Chinese Communist Party. Far-Left Downstate Democrats Matt Castelli is not from NY-21 and has never voted in NY-21; he is from Poughkeepsie and lived in Washington D.C. until August of 2021. Matt Castelli launched his campaign by comparing the events of January 6th to the terrorist attacks on 9/11 during the week of the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks. Matt Castelli “fully” supports Joe Biden’s radical Build Back Better spending package, which would drive up inflation, and Matt Castelli said that he supports Democrat gun control proposals, a policy position that is extremely out of touch with NY-21’s law-abiding gun owners.
Team Elise has the strongest record, message, resources, and support to continue building on previous cycles of unparalleled success to achieve a historic victory on November 8th.