U.S. Chamber of Commerce Endorses Stefanik for Re-election
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, August 29, 2016
State and Local Business Leaders Applaud Stefanik as a Pro Growth, Reform-Minded Champion For Job Creators and Small Businesses
Glens Falls, NY: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today announced its endorsement of Congresswoman Elise Stefanik today, citing her 100% voting record in support of job creators and small businesses.
At a campaign event hosted by DA Collins in Wilton, Stefanik was joined by top company executives and a host of business leaders, including top representatives from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce the Business Council of New York State and the Saratoga County Chamber..
“Growing up in a small business family, I have prioritized fighting for Upstate job creation in Congress,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “That is why today, I’m honored to receive the endorsement from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.”
“Now more than ever, Congress needs leaders who truly understand the challenges of small businesses and the need to enact policies that will grow our Upstate economy and create good paying jobs. I’m truly grateful for the U.S. Chamber’s endorsement of Commerce, and am humbled by the support of hard working families and small businesses across the North Country,” said Stefanik.
Eileen Braden, Vice President of Political Affairs and Federation Relations at the U.S. Chamber said, “The Chamber of Commerce of the United States is proud to support Elise Stefanik in this race, and highlight her 100% voting record with job creators and small businesses. Her record in Congress is unrivaled in fighting for policies that will keep upstate businesses upstate and create an environment for growth. Through her support of transportation reforms and removing regulatory burdens, she’s ensured that businesses like D.A. Collins can hire and continue to create economic opportunities in North Country.”
“Elise Stefanik is just the type of smart, hardworking, business-friendly lawmaker we need more of in Washington, D.C.,” said Heather C. Briccetti, Esq., President and CEO of The Business Council of New York State Inc.. “I have had the personal pleasure of meeting with the Congresswoman and was impressed with both her knowledge of the issues and her dedication to the needs of her constituents. Since her election to Congress in 2014, Elise has provided a much-needed voice and a unique perspective that has benefited the North Country and the nation.”
“The DA Collins team is very happy to be hosting this event today, said DA Collins COO Tom Longe. “On behalf of DA Collins Companies, I can speak to the dedication and commitment Elise has for the regional business community and her support is what will help companies like ours succeed. Her commitment to our growth and sustainability has been evident these last two years, and we are lucky to have Elise representing our sector and region’s interests in Washington.”
Since representing the North Country in Congress in 2014, Stefanik’s pro-growth, pro-jobs record includes:
- Receiving the U.S Chamber of Commerce’s Spirit of Enterprise Award in 2016 for her 100% voting record for jobs and small businesses.
- Supporting repealing the Death Tax.
- Supporting the repeal the Medical Device Tax.
- Supporting a long-term Highway Bill reauthorization to support vital North Country transportation projects, and stronger access to trade.
- Voting for the Keystone Pipeline.
- Supporting the Bipartisan Budget Agreement of 2015, setting budgetary levels for two years and stopping the cycle of governing funding crisis-to-crisis.
- Supporting the Regulatory Accountability Act, to bring more accountability and transparency to the rule making process.
- Supporting the REINS Act, increasing accountability in the regulatory process by requiring that Congress approve all new major regulations proposed by the Executive Branch.
- Supporting the Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act, to help end frivolous lawsuits.
# # #Back