TAXIN’ TEDRA SUPPORTS SCHUMER AND GILLIBRAND BLOCKING DEBATE ON BIPARTISAN POLICE REFORM BILL, SUPPORTS PELOSI’S CLAIM THAT REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER OF GEORGE FLOYD
June 25, 2020
Saratoga, NY: Yesterday, Senate Democrats, including New York Senators Schumer and Gillibrand, voted to block debate on the JUSTICE Act – a law enforcement reform bill with bipartisan provisions for police reforming. Congresswoman Elise Stefanik is a cosponsor of the House companion bill to the JUSTICE Act.
“Taxin’ Tedra Cobb – who was endorsed by Gillibrand and is supported by Schumer and Pelosi – has three very important questions to answer for voters in NY’s 21st District,” said Stefanik.
“First, she needs to be honest with voters that she agrees with Senate Democrats’ decision to block debate on a critical police reform bill that would improve police-community relations, increase transparency and accountability in police forces, and end police brutality.
“Second, will she condemn Speaker Pelosi’s disgusting comment that ‘Republicans are trying to get away with George Floyd’s murder’? Or will she stay silent? Voters know Taxin’ Tedra is a Pelosi puppet, so we already know she supports Speaker Pelosi’s disgraceful comment.
“And third – will she finally tell voters if she would vote for Pelosi for Speaker of the House? This is an incredibly basic question that every Congressional candidate across the country has to answer, yet the media has let Taxin’ Tedra escape answering this critical question for two election cycles in a row. I have answered this question every single election going back to my 2014 primary, and it’s a shame my opponent is not held to the same standard.”
We’ll wait, but we know how difficult it is for Taxin’ Tedra to respond and be honest with the voters of our district:
- “Cobb’s campaign did not yet respond to requests for comment”
- “Cobb did not respond and moved on to the next question”
- “Cobb’s campaign did not respond to requests for comment”
- “…though it appears she has not responded to or condemned #TrashyStefanik on Twitter”
- “Tedra Cobb, a Democrat from Canton who is running against Stefanik in New York’s 21st Congressional District, did not respond for comment.”
- “Cobb’s campaign did not answer follow up from the Watertown Daily Times”
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESSBack