TAXIN’ TEDRA IS THE TOAST OF TINSELTOWN, BUT HER NORTH COUNTRY CAMPAIGN LAUNCH FIZZLES
Taxin’ Tedra’s Campaign Launch Yesterday Fizzled as Cobb Flubbed:
- “(Cobb) refused to take firm stances on popular Democratic policies like Medicare for All or a series of sweeping bail reforms set to go into effect in New York in January.“
- Tedra Cobb“dodged a request from activist Scott DeNooyer asking her to support Medicare for All,saying she looked forward to working with him on this issue…The Stefanik campaign was quick to respond Tuesday, putting out a statement accusing Cobb of flip-flopping on the issue, citing an article from the North Country Now news website that says the Democrat favors single-payer health insurance.
- “Both publicly and in response to questions from reporters, Cobb declined to take a position on Medicare for All, saying it was a ‘conversation’ she is willing to have. She also would not weigh in on the progressive bail reforms New York will enact at the start of the new year, which will eliminate cash bail for most misdemeanors and non-violent offenses and havestirred controversyamong district attorneys and Republican state legislators.”
- WATCH:WNYT broadcast Cobb beingconfronted and “caught off guard” at campaign launch by Trump supporters and local residents.
- Daily Gazette reporter Pete DeMola Tweeted:“As always, Daily Gazette’s@DawgJazzexcelled at capturing the moment at today’s@TedraCobbevent in Queensbury”#NY21https://twitter.com/pmdemola/status/1197027437848223744?s=20
FACT: COBB IS ON RECORD SUPPORTING AND CAMPAIGNING ON MEDICARE FOR ALL
After Raising $1 million from Hollywood Liberal Rosie O’Donnell and George Conway off #TrashyStefanik, CobbRefused todenounce the description of Congresswoman Stefanik as ‘ trash,’ and to return the tainted Hollywood Money:
- “Donations from all across the country have poured into Cobb’s campaign with celebrities and notable Dems offering up their support.”
- “Cobb said she welcomed the new outside donors that boosted her coffers by $1 million”
- “Tedra Cobb saw her national profile explode over the weekend, but whether that translates to increased support in the 21st Congressional District, which re-elected U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik last year by a 14-point margin, remains to be seen.”
- Cobb was forced to admit:“the National Democratic Congressional Committee has not talked to her about putting more resources in the campaign.”
– END –Back