Congresswoman Elise Stefanik proudly represents New York’s 21st District in the House of Representatives and serves as the House Republican Conference Chair. She is currently serving her fourth term in office. In 2014, Elise was the youngest woman ever elected to Congress in United States history, and she currently serves as the youngest Republican woman ever elected to Congress. Elise won her first election to Congress in 2014 overwhelmingly by over 20 points, and she was re-elected in 2016 by over 35 points. In 2018, Elise was re-elected by 14 points, the largest margin of victory for any Republican in the Northeast. In 2020 she was re-elected by 18 points, earning the most votes in history for any Congressional Candidate in the North Country.
Elise was a member of President Trump’s impeachment defense team during the Senate’s first impeachment trial, and she served as a New York Co-Chair of President Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign.
Elise is a Member of the Armed Services Committee, the Committee on Education and Labor, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. On the Armed Services Committee, she serves as the Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Cyber, Innovative Technologies, and Information Systems. On the Committee on Education and Labor, she serves on the subcommittees on Higher Education and Workforce Development and Civil Rights and Human Services.
Congresswoman Elise M. Stefanik was born and raised in Upstate New York. Prior to serving in Congress, Elise worked at her family’s Upstate New York small business. Growing up in her family’s small business, she learned, lived and understands the values of hard work, perseverance, challenges and risks that go along with building, operating and growing small businesses in the North Country.
As the first member of her immediate family to graduate from college, Elise graduated with Honors from Harvard University.
From 2006 to 2009, Elise served in the West Wing of the White House as part of President George W. Bush’s Domestic Policy Council Staff and the Chief of Staff’s office where she assisted in overseeing the policy development process on all economic and domestic policy issues.
While serving in Congress, Elise has worked tirelessly on behalf of her district’s hardworking families, small businesses, farmers, students, seniors, service members, military families, and veterans. She is committed to putting aside partisan politics to keep bringing home Real Results to the North Country. Elise’s family has owned a home on Lake Champlain in Essex County for over 30 years. Elise lives in Schuylerville with her husband Matt and their newborn son Sam.
- Creating jobs and economic opportunities for the hard working families and small businesses of the North Country
- Protecting and preserving Social Security and Medicare
- Protecting Fort Drum and advocating for increased funding to support our troops
- Fighting for fiscal responsibility by balancing the budget
- Securing our borders, fixing our broken legal immigration system and providing resources to our border officers
- Upholding the Constitution and protecting the rights of our law-abiding citizens
- Reducing onerous tax and regulatory burdens facing small businesses
- Fighting for our veterans and military families to get them the care and support that they deserve
- Supporting our North Country farmers, who are the backbone of our Upstate economy
- Improving North Country healthcare by lowering costs and improving quality and access to care
- Supporting free-market solutions and renewable energy projects to combat climate change and protect our environment
- Making education more affordable, accessible and of a higher quality for our North Country families
- Recovered over $4 million in VA benefits for our veterans
- Hosted over 1,200 Constituent Outreach Events Across Our District
- Reached 565,560 constituents on Teletownhalls and Coffees with Your Congresswoman
- Recovered over $2.6 million in Social Security benefits for our seniors
- Brought President Trump to the North Country to sign into law the largest pay raise for our troops in nearly a decade
- Secured Fort Drum as the preferred site for an East Coast Missile Defense System
- Awarded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as the most ‘pro-business’ member of Congress from New York.
- Secured critical wins for the North Country in the FY2021 National Defense Authorization Act Markup
- Delivered over $165 million in funding for North Country rural hospitals, community health centers, and personal protective equipment for our healthcare workers.
- Introduced legislation to increase access to higher education
- Fought for and won increased funding for our Community Health Centers
- Nearly doubled the funding for the Lake Champlain Basin Grant Program
- Wrote the largest fix to Obamacare, which was signed into law by President Obama
- Protected our 2nd Amendment rights