September 28, 2020
Saratoga: Despite Taxin’ Tedra Cobb campaigning on her full support for Medicare for All for two full years, NY-21 media continue to refuse to hold her accountable and allow her to get away with flip-flopping on her healthcare stance.
–For any forthcoming stories on healthcare, NY-21 media can find all documentation of Tedra Cobb’s on the record support for Medicare for All below–
CORRECTING THE RECORD: NORTH COUNTRY VOTERS DESERVE TO KNOW:
- Tedra Cobb’s own campaign website included her support for Medicare For All before she desperately deleted her position to hide from voters.
“Tedra’s Vision: Provide comprehensive health insurance for all United States residents, such as what is detailed in the United States National Health Care Act (H.R. 676).”
*H.R. 676 is the House parallel to Senator Bernie Sanders’ Single Payer, Medicare for All bill
- Tedra Cobb: “I support a Medicare for All system…or something like that.” During a Q & A candidate forum, when Tedra is asked if she supports Medicare for All, she says yes.
- 7 News Watertown: “An older version of Cobb’s web site listed “Tedra’s vision” as “comprehensive health insurance for all United States residents, such as what is detailed in the United States National Health Care Act.” The National Health Care Act was a Democrat proposal first introduced in 2003 that would have created a single payer ‘Medicare for all’ system.”
- North Country Now: “Democratic congressional candidate from Canton favors single-payer medical coverage”
- The Daily Gazette: “Cobb supports a ‘Medicare for All’ bill that would transfer responsibility for providing health care insurance from private employers to the federal government.”
- On Channel 13, when confronted by a North Country voter over her previous Medicare for All position, Taxin’ Tedra turned her back on the concerned constituent and refused to answer.
“Tedra Cobb continues to get an unfair pass from the local media as she frantically runs and tries to cover up her two year campaign supporting Medicare for All,” said Stefanik spokeswoman Maddie Anderson. “Her blatant flip-flopping on Medicare for All, even for illegal immigrants, is offensive to North Country voters who watched her campaign on her full support for a government takeover of healthcare for two full years. North Country voters know that Taxin’ Tedra cannot be trusted on any position – whether it be banning guns, raising taxes, her lack of support for our law enforcement, or her support for Medicare for All: a socialist government takeover of healthcare. The Stefanik campaign urges the media to hold Taxin’ Tedra accountable for comments she has made and positions she has taken on the record, over and over again.”
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESS